Saturday, August 6, 2011

July Review

July Review

  • July 16: Lifted weights, ran 2 miles, elliptical 5 miles (intervals on 4 and 10 resistances)
  • July 17: Ran between 4 and 5 of a total of 5.5 miles
  • July 18: 7 miles elliptical (first hour-intervals 6 and 12: extra fifteen minutes intervals on 4 and 10), 6 miles on recumbent bike-a variety of levels, but I didn't push it too hard
  • July 19: Lifted weights (pushed a few up), short treadmill walk of less than a mile while Mr. Conundrum finished his run
  • July 20: 6.5 miles: 1/3 walk, 4 miles run, the rest walk/run
  • July 21: Lifted weights (felt strong), elliptical 2.5 miles (intervals 4 and 12)
  • July 27: Ran 4 miles


My posts and my absence and my exercise list are indicative about what my problem is with fitness. I do really well. I don't. I do really well. I don't. The cycle is vicious. Today, I am going to do well and that is all that I have. I know a big catalyst for me to NOT do well was traveling last week, but to let that get to me four days before I went and a week after I got back--good grief, there is no excuse. Yet, I seem to have plenty of them. The thing is that I enjoyed my time away--probably too much. But, I am moving again, focused again (I think :-).

This week, Mr. Transistor and Mr. Twister are going to a wilderness camp together. I am looking forward to the time to refocus. I have minimal commitments. Mr. Conundrum and I are planning on exercising a lot and eating healthy. Often, when the boys go away, we are tired and don't do anything. Tomorrow is our 18th wedding anniversary, and we plan to spend it driving them to camp in the same area where I lived when and where we got engaged.

So, I need to get focused in August. I have exercised three times, but that is truly the lazy way out. I had plenty of time and opportunity. The humidity has been horrid, and I do not handle it well. Yet, I know I can exercise in it, but when it is humid, if I don't go right away in the morning, I rarely do well later in the day. Mornings are key. This week looks good for mornings. Today is off to a good start. A 12 mile bike ride and the day is young ... My days always go better with exercise in the morning.

Confession: This week, I knew something was terribly off track when I wore the BLUE SHIRT AGAIN! Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment