Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday Musings

The weekend was good. The boys especially had a great time. My fortitude served me well the first part of the weekend, but I struggled by the end. I know I struggled for a variety of reasons, but it is really difficult to be out of my schedule and routines and keep on plan. It is also difficult not to be the one in charge of food and to be surrounded by it all the time. This weekend has become an annual family event, and I will say that I did much, much better this year than last year.

While I have many areas I need to work on, one of the biggest areas I need to work on is that I can't let two bad days become more than that. I am home now. I am in my own kitchen. I have healthy options here, and I am getting back fully on plan. As if to prove that idea to myself, I started today with a 6 mile run/walk. I did not have a great exercise day and walked far more than I would have liked. But, I did it and got my heart rate up. I burned some calories. And, I got some miles on my legs. I came home and had a green smoothie and some beans. I should be good till dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment