Sunday, July 17, 2011

Not Perfect But Moving Forward

I had a good day in many regards. I am sleeping so much better since improving my diet from Thursday. It's incredible how quickly that happens. I have noticed it before, and I need to keep it in mind before getting off track. I much prefer sleeping well.

Another accomplishment: Day 3 without regular decaf coffee. I suppose this is the biggest help to my sleep--LOL. I did indulge in Swiss water press coffee, which decaffeinates coffee using water and which eliminates all but a trace of caffeine. I have read that decaf coffee can actually have quite a bit of caffeine in it, and my own experiences with decaf concur with that idea--i.e. through agitated sleep after decaf.  So, right now that is my big accomplishment is getting off the small amount of caffeine in decaf coffee. This is a huge addiction to get rid of because the coffee with caffeine triggers cravings for bad foods. I have not had that happen with the Swiss water press coffee in the past.

I also ran/walked 5.5 miles today, which is great considering the weather. It's oppressive here in the Midwest with temps calling for excessive heat warnings. The humidity is extremely high, too. I did have too many starches today and not enough green veggies, but I stayed vegan today and I don't think I overdid the eating with my exercise. Also, when weather is like this, I typically avoid exercise. I am pleased with success today. My glasses fog up every time I go outside. Mr. Twister went off to a wilderness camp today and will be outside all week in this horrid heat. I hope they swim a lot and that the kids do okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment